Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow Day!

Oh what an AMAZING DAY!

Last night I registered my baby girl for Kindergarten... and then I cried!  No, not really, but I sure wanted to.  I can't believe she is old enough for school.  I told myself after I was done that there would be no more wasted moments... this is my time with her... our time!

Today we woke to a beautiful sunny day... with SNOW!  Finally!  She has wanted to play in that darn snow all winter, and it just wouldn't stay around long enough!  As soon as breakfast was over, she was in her snow clothes and ready to head outside!

I took her picture, sent her out, and sat down at the table to read my scriptures... but my eyes kept drifting to the window to watch her out playing.  I remember the promise I had made to myself, and quickly put on snow clothes to go out and join her!

We played, we made "Snowy" our snowman.  I made a snow angel...Alyssa thought there was too much laying in the snow for that!  I tackled her and tickled her and we giggled until we were cold and decided to come in for hot chocolate (Alyssa's has to be "warm" chocolate, so she doesn't burn her tongue... she doesn't like hot chocolate!!).

It took 47 minutes, and it made my day.  What a fun memory I will have always.  Oh how I hope for so many more memories like these!

Love,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment