After years of carefully monitoring Alyssa to keep her unattached to items such as binkies, blankies, and babies (I am TERRIBLE at keeping track of things, and quite often lose important items!) To ward off any potential melt-downs, we carefully switched out everything... often!
At the age of four, I thought we were out of the woods on the whole attachment issue, then along came "Made in China". Yes, that is her name, and quite frankly, it has provided hours of entertainment for many of us. We bought the doll on Clearance at Walmart. I had been dragging Alyssa on a day of errands... we had spent hours going from store to store picking stuff up, and she had been so very well behaved! To reward the behavior, I bought her the baby!
Beanie Babies have a name and birth-date on their tags, and Alyssa was familiar with this type of branding. Wanting to make sure her baby had her proper name, she asked her Grandpa (Kevin), apparently no one else was around, to read the name on the tag so she could officially name her baby. Being the comedian he is, he read "Made in China" and, not understanding the phrase, Alyssa named her baby!
Days later while cleaning her room, she asked me to hand her "Made in China". I was completely baffled and had her repeat herself. When she told me the story, I laughed so hard I cried. This has been the result many times as people have discovered Alyssa's doll!
Very rarely do we go anywhere without her. She sleeps with her every night and the one time she left her at the Disney store in Provo, we made a special trip down to pick her up again! Despite my every effort, Alyssa is attached! But who can blame her? Made in China has kind of wiggled her way into all of our hearts!
Love,
Taryn
ha ha!!!! Yup she officially is showing that she does a lot of the same things that I do haha! LOVED this BLOG!! Thanks for the laugh & the of course the BLOG!
ReplyDelete