Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our Mexican VACATION!

I love vacation!  I love time spent with my family when there are no interruptions, no technology distracting our attention, and no stress sitting on our shoulders.  It is the most important thing that we do as a family.
Time together to regroup.

Time together to understand and learn from each other.

Time together to strengthen our relationships.
Sunday we arrived home from a 7 night Carnival cruise to the Mexican Riviera!  It was such a fun week!  We went with John and Judy (Shane's parents) and Jake and Marla's Family (Shane's Sister).  They didn't know we were coming, so it was a fun surprise the first day on the ship!  

The weather was AMAZING!  Beautiful sunshine... everyday was 80-85 degrees.  Perfection!













We spent the first day at port in Cabo San Lucas. 

Shopping, checking out the tourist attractions, playing on the beach, laying out and then...

WAVE RUNNERS!! 
 I finally got to take a wave runner out on the ocean and it was all I had hoped it would be.  

The second day at port we were back in Cabo!  It was a shorter day, so Shane, Alyssa, and I got a taxi and went to a small beach that was undoubtedly the most beautiful beach I have seen in Mexico.  The water was clear, the waves perfect, and the sunshine... oh the sunshine!  After the beach, it was to the TACO STAND.  Seriously, they have THE BEST tacos!  We gorged ourselves (shrimp tacos for me, smoked marlin for Shane, and a quesedilla for the little miss!)



Our last port was Puerto Vallarta.  Six of us took a taxi to the downtown shopping district where we found McDonalds (Chicken Mac and OREO cones for ice cream!)  We did some shopping next to the beach and then headed into the jungle area to ZIP LINE!  We stopped by to do the tequila factory tour and then tried seafood burritos before heading back to the ship!

 The cruise had 3 days total at sea.  Those are awesome days.


Sunshine and swimming.

The best food EVER!  Available ALWAYS!


Shows at the comedy club.


Shopping, wandering, and watching late night movies on the big screen!

Did I mention I LOVE vacation?!
Now we are home and back to work, definitely looking forward to our next big trip!

Love,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment