Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 20, 2012

... and then she became a Preschool Graduate!

Preschool Graduation was a bitter-sweet night for Alyssa's Mommy!  She was VERY excited and ready to show off, but I was pretty teary throughout the day!  I cannot believe how fast time has gone and I am about to have a Kindergartner!  Seriously???  How did that happen!

Alyssa and Mrs. Natalie
(her Preschool Teacher!)
Firstly, Lyss hit a HUGE MOMENT the Wednesday before graduation!  She completed Lesson 100 in her Reading Book!  Yayyyyy!  Words cannot express the joy and relief that went into the "Happy Dance" we then did for awhile!  To date: the hardest thing Lyss and I have accomplished!  But sooo worth it, she is now testing as a 1st Grade Reader - Such a little smartie!


So, Alyssa had so much support at Graduation, it was so fun!  She performed her songs and received her "diploma" and she is now READY to start Kindergarten (which she thinks starts next week!).

She has been pretty hesitant over the whole "big kid" school, but over the past week, she has perked right up to the idea and is VERY excited about it!  Which makes it much easier as a mom to be excited!

Congratulations on Graduating Preschool Princess, we couldn't be anymore proud of you than we already are!  We LOVE YOU so very much (which, you point out, we tell you too often!  But we do...!)



Love,
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment